Monday, June 1, 2009

Terrified

I started writing a "moving forward" post for the june scientiae a
couple weeks ago. It was getting really long because I was venting
all about how heartbroken I had been about not getting to have a baby
yet, but then I was going to say how I had pretty much snapped myself
out of it. I was coming to terms with reality and "moving forward"
with my life by refocusing on my thesis project so I could finish
sooner.

I never finished the post.

A couple of weeks ago, my husband found a suspicious white patch on
his tongue. It didn't respond to antivirals, so he had it biopsied.
They apparently removed whatever was visible, but it's already coming
back, both around the biopsy scar and on the other side of his tongue.
We're going to the follow-up appointment tomorrow morning to hear the
news. We're both scared shitless.

--
Sent from my mobile device

No comments:

Post a Comment