Friday, January 29, 2010

10 Weeks

Man, I suck at keeping up with this blog as often as I intended...
:-P Oh well, here's today's update:

I made 10 weeks today, the beginning of the fetal period and
quarter-of-the-way mark. I'm still feeling reasonably well, although
I'm very tired, starting to experience some round ligament pain, and I
actually threw up for the first time in this pregnancy last weekend.

I mentioned a surprise visit from my dad last week, and that was fun,
although unexpected and without much warning. :-) He's just
spontaneous like that sometimes. He wasn't particularly worried about
my mom's organic food kick (have I mentioned she thinks her grandbaby
is in mortal danger because I don't eat organic?), but he did express
some concern about raising a baby in my dirty house. (Don't tell
Hubby...he's the only one who does any cleaning and would be so pissed
that Dad found his work inadequate!) I'm a big believer in building
the immune system through exposure to plenty of germs and allergens.
:-) Ah well, to each his or her own.

My work-life balance advocacy crew is also making great progress on
pushing that grad student parental leave policy through. We have a
meeting with the assistant dean next week and are working on
scheduling one with the head of the new work-life center soon.
Everyone has seemed so supportive so far that I'm feeling pretty good
that it will actually be implemented without much of a fight. W00t!

--
Sent from my mobile device

1 comment:

  1. Dear Aspiring Mommy Scientist,

    My sweet and beautiful wife made this video about motherhood for the Mom 2.0 Conference. It is entitled, "What I Would Tell Her: If I knew what to say."

    It is on her blog, katherinecenter.com

    I hope you enjoy it.

    All my best,

    Gordon Center
    Houston, Texas

    ReplyDelete